Garbage Disposal Installation Services
If you’ve found yourself having issues with your food waste disposal unit (or garbage disposal), you may want to have a professional look at it. Clinton Maintenance & Plumbing can check out your appliance and clarify whether it needs repair or complete replacement. Our team comes out to homes and businesses in the Katy / Cinco Ranch, Sugar Land, and Bunker Hill / Energy Corridor.
Signs of Waste Disposal Issues
Since your waste disposal unit connects to your sewer or septic tank, you can run into plumbing issues when it stops working correctly. Signs of trouble with your waste disposer include:
- Smells coming from the drain that doesn’t go away through standard cleaning methods
- Constant clogs when in use
- No sound when in use
- Slow draining
- Leaking water
- Disposal doesn’t turn on at all
You can try some of the following fixes before calling a plumber:
- Add lemon rinds and ice cubes to the garbage disposal to clear out any smells.
- Disconnect the power, then inspect the inside of the unit for any visible clogs. Use tongs or some other instrument instead of your hands.
- Press the reset button on the unit.
If you’re still having problems, it’s best to have a professional plumber come out and have a look at the issue. Call Clinton Maintenance & Plumbing at
(713) 468-3026 for any of your waste disposal needs.